On May 20, 2014, area residents will have the opportunity to vote on a facilities bond that, if approved by voters, would make upgrades and improvements to all district schools, including Forest View Elementary.
Click the following links for more information:
Because of the five days of school cancelled during the past couple of months due to extremely cold temperatures, school will be held on February 17th and March 31st. These two days were originally scheduled to be non-school days. Click here to download a revised 2013-2014 district calendar - with these changes included - from the school district website.
Teaching your child to become a powerful reader is our goal. Completing "READING REWARDS" will ensure that we keep money that you are already spending on periodicals stays with our school. In most cases you will pay no more. Please take a few minutes to help. The 40% profit goes to our library & technology!
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
1. Fill out the post card bboklet with 7-10 names. There is no money to collect and no one will call. Names are not used for any other purpose. Each student will receive a Reading Monkey Keychain for returning the book TOMORROW.
2. You may also renew or order a magazine for you or your child. Make that check out to Great American. Put both in the Return Envelope and send them back with your child tomorrow tomorrow and they will earn a bonus monkey for every magazine ordered!
You may also order online from over 700 magazine titles and 1,000 Great American & Kathryn Beich gift items by following these intructions: The link is below~
1. Go to www.gaschoolstore.com/onlineportal
2. Click on "Students & Parents Click Here"
3. Log on & create an account
4. Forest View's ID Number is: 2567121
Please make sure your child is dressing appropriately for the weather - hats, boots, gloves, proper coats and snow pants. If your family needs assistance in obtaining proper winter clothing, please contact our Guidance Counselor, Ryan Soukup at 651-982-8236 or at email@example.com
Outdoor recess is usually held daily as long the temperature with wind chill factored in is above -10 degrees and kids are expected to go outside every day. Students willl need boots to play in the snow or they will have to stay on the black-topped area.
If you have changed your home, cell or work telephone numbers or email address, please call the school office as soon as possible. It is very important that this information is current in our system. If you have a split family, each household should have their contact information separate.
March 4-Conferences-School in Session
March 6-Conferences-School in Session
March 7-No School-Conferences
March 10-14-No School-Mid-Winter Break
March 17-PTA Meeting @ FV
March 18- Spring Pictures
March 27-Family Literacy Night- 6-7:30
April 14-PTA Meeting @ FL
April 18-No School
May 12-PTA Meeting @ FV
May 21-30-Book Fair
May 26-No School
June 5-Last Day of School